A few weeks ago I blogged about the importance of first time visitors on your website. (First time visitors represent over 60% of traffic on our websites that we build.)
After watching the First Time Visitor presentation, we started playing with our Vin | 65 website to see what we could do to enhance first time visitor experiences. (One of the biggest changes was how much more content and effort we put into our 'About Us' page)
Here is some questions you should consider:
- On your website, what is your ratio of first time visitors to returning visitors? How does this compare to your tasting room?
- When a customer is a first time visitor to your tasting room what do you say to him/her? How does this differ from a repeat visitor to your tasting room?
- On your website, where are your first time visitors coming from? In your tasting room how does your message differ if the visitor is from out of state or local?
- What are the primary entry pages for first time visitors on your website? What is the message here?
- On your website, what is the average time a first time visitor spends? How does this compare to repeat visitors? What is the average size purchase of a first time visitor? How does this compare to your tasting room?
- Where are first time visitors on your website going? What is their click-thru path, and where is their exit point?
Need some help analyzing your websites first time visitor traffic? We can assist you with this even if your not currently our client (no obligation)