As a small winery owner you are expected to do it all. You are running the big show. You are on the hook for the results.
Here is a shortened list of responsibilities:
- Grow the grapes
- Pick the grapes
- Fix the tractor
- Manage the workers
- Make the wine
- Ship the wine
- Market the wine
- Create a brand
- Design the labels
- Manage selling channels
- Stay on top of compliance
- Manage the website
- Run the tasting room
- Manage the books
- Collect the money
- Remember the customer is always right
- Enjoy the lifestyle
As a web service provider we also like to add some, because if you have a web site you should also be doing these things:
- SEO - Search Engine Optimization
- Key word optimization
- Managing organic search results
- Managing paid search engine campaigns
- Optimize your site for different visitor profiles
- Run effective google ad campaigns and measure results
- Measure conversion
- Tweak your customers e-commerce experience
- Know everything about Google Analytics
- Create funnels to measure your sites effectiveness
- Know some HTML and CSS
- Keep up on product reviews and ratings
- Put all your content into snooth.com and corkd.com
- Get your facebook group going
- Blog - What was that again?
- vBlog - huh?
- Twitter - come again?
My guess is that all the things that go into making the most of your web site and making your web site great fall between the cracks. Unless you are a larger winery who can afford to have a dedicated staff or multiple staff in the web department most of those web tasks simply don't get thought about, much less accomplished.
At Vin | 65 we are passionate about the web and making your sure your customers have a great experience buying your wine. We also bring a lot of experience and a great tool set to our customers so that they don't have to stress out about a lot of this stuff because it is built right in. We know our winery and wine retail customers are busy enough already. Let us be the web experts in your corner, so that you can focus on making amazing wine.
Want to know more about what we offer, how we can make your life easier, what the heck a blog is...contact us.