We’ve all been there. You're shopping online and put a few things in your cart. Maybe your phone rings and forget about the order. Maybe you want to cross-shop a product to see if you can find a better price. For whatever reason, you don’t complete the purchase.
The next day, you get a friendly email reminder that you left some things in your cart. 29% of you return and complete the purchase.
A full 70% of online shoppers abandon their shopping cart. The good news is that 3/4 of those people plan to return later. With Vin65, it’s easy to reduce re-engage those distracted buyers and bring them back to complete their purchase. With our Action Email engine, you can configure a customized message to send out after a cart is abandoned with a reminder - and perhaps a special offer to incentivize them to come back.
Keys to Successful Cart Abandonment Emails:
- Send a follow up email within 24 hours
- Tell your customer why they are receiving the email (for example: We noticed you left a few items in your cart.)
- Include a link to complete the purchase
- Provide contact information so customers can easily reach out if they have questions or need assistance processing the order
- Consider offering a discount or special offer to encourage customers to return
Here's a great example of a cart abandonment email from Vin65 client Twisted Oak:
In addition to ticking all the boxes above, Twisted Oak's email is written in their disctinctive style from the greeting "Avast" to the offer to "smooth your voyage." Even when writing simple transactional emails like this, there is always an opportunity to infuse your brand and reinforce your unique personality to your customers.
Are you using cart abandonment emails on your winery website? Tell us about what's worked for you in the comments below!